Benfital Plus is a supplementary diet food for calves with diarrhea or risk thereof. It stabilizes the water and electrolyte balance. Benfital Plus is suitable for all types of diarrhea; it promotes the elimination of pathogens and helps to quickly eliminate the effects of diarrhea, such as dehydration, acidosis (blood acidification) and an electrolyte deficiency. In addition, it contains a high content of glucose with an energy content of 310 kcal per drink. Benfital Plus can be administered with both water and (artificial) milk.
Benfital Plus provides:
• Fast recovery from dehydration; the optimum electrolyte composition and osmolarity ensure a rapid improvement of the water and electrolyte balance.
• A high level of glucose; with an energy content of 310 kcal per drink. The glucose prevents and restores a low blood sugar level and it stimulates the absorption of electrolytes.
• Soluble in milk; Benfital has no influence on the normal coagulation of the milk in the abomasum and can therefore be given with both water and (artificial) milk.
• Direct and long-term buffer effect; the recovery and prevention of blood acidification takes place in three steps. Sodium carbonate is readily available and is also gradually released from sodium acetate and sodium citrate.
• Natural regulation of the intestinal flora; the adsorbent fibers (pectins) coated with lecithin and the yeast cells with MOS (mannaoligosaccharides) bind E. coli and Salmonella bacteria. The pathogens are thus excreted with the manure.
Dosage and method of use:
For calves with diarrhea, mix 100 g Benfital® Plus (2 scoops) with 2 liters of warm water at 35-40 ° C and feed immediately. Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day until the animal has recovered. For larger calves (> 60 kg) or severely dried animals, use 150 g Benfital® Plus (3 scoops) mixed with 3 liters of warm water. In cases of uncomplicated diarrhea and during periods of increased risk of diarrhea, Benfital® Plus can be mixed with milk or milk replacer instead of water. In such cases it is advisable to offer extra water to the calf between the milk feeds. It is recommended to consult a veterinarian before use and if no recovery has occurred within 48 hours.